My family is very big on tradition, which is something that I learned is of great importance during my upbringing. Over the last few years, I have started a tradition of my own - to spend my Spring Break with my Dad. My Dad moves nearly every year to a different place in the country, so I have had the opportunity to go a lot of places in the last few years. In 2003, I flew out to California to visit him and his buddy Craig. In 2004, I found my self driving North to Green Bay. 2005 saw me driving down to Chicago (my camera freaked out and erased the pictures). In 2006, we drove out East to New York City. In December of 2006, he moved down to sunny Orlando, Florida, which made me excited to fly South for the Winter. Jenny and I had a lot of plans for the week, plus it would be great to spend some time with our Dad.

Orlando Spring Break - Day 1
Before I left, I had to hug Coach Gordon Bombay and tell him that I loved him and I would miss him so much this week. He didn't get why I was being so affectionate, he just hoped that I would put him down so that he could go and nap somewhere. Crazy Bombay.
Before I left, I needed to take a picture of Chris enjoying his spring break so that I had a reference to what I would have been doing at home had my Dad not moved to Florida. It looks like I would have been doing a whole lot of nothing. Chris was upset that I was going to Florida, but at least he can dry his eyes on the $70 that I just gave him. Chris was the winner of our Fantasy Football league, so he was entitle to the money that was to be awarded to the victor. I "accidentally" spent his money, but promised to give it to him when I could afford it. I didn't really have a lot of extra cash, but thankfully my Dad was buying our airplane ticket, housing us, paying for our meals, and giving us his car for use, all so that we didn't have to spend any money. I knew right there that this was going to be one hell of a weekend.





















My Dad was able to get us tickets to leave on Thursday March 15 around 7:00 pm. I was able to get off of work early, but Jenny had a class that ended around 5:00 that she had a test in and could not leave early. I was worried that we wouldn't have enough time to check in and such before our flight, but it turns out that we had more than enough. Since we both skipped dinner to get there on time, I made us some Deli Wraps at work, so we sat in the food court and enjoyed some free food courtesy of the Terrace.

We had a lot of time (a good hour-plus) before our flight so we decided to hit up the airport bar for a couple of tall beers. Beer prices here we moderately high, so we decided to get some good beers if we were going to pay good beer prices. Jenny got a Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark and I ordered a Leinenkugel's Dopplebock. They came in huge glasses, and we took them down before heading towards our gate. Once inside the security checkpoint, we stopped at another bar area (don't you just love Milwaukee?) to grab some Miller Lites. We chatted with this business guy who had been flying all day, then sucked down our beers and began our journey down South. Spring Break-HO!